A website should be attractive, with useful content, interactive, customizable for any device and optimized well in major search engines. With all of that already done, the next step is being able to attract the maximum possible number of visitors to our website and, in this sense, is when we can explore the enormous potential of different online marketing techniques.
Online marketing is an excellent way to get new customers with relatively little effort. This are some of the main benefits are:
- Online campaigns are much less expensive than advertising in traditional media (television, radio, press...), especially useful for small and medium enterprises.
- It is 100% measurable and we, with absolute precision can measure the impact that could have had a particular campaign. This thing is impossible with traditional advertising.
- Have greater ability to segment, which makes it more efficient. In a globalized world it is vital to segment, manage and customize our advertising messages to our niche of market.
- Flexibility and dynamism. It is based on a trial and error basis that allows us to react quickly in case of not getting the expected results and redesign our strategies of marketing.
There are many studies that can teach us some lessons about the bahaviour of the modern consumer across the internet:
- 75% use an app.
- 93% look for information online.
- 38% call or send SMS to his friends to know their opinion.
- 40% send a photo of the item to their friends to know his opinion.
- 18% said they would leave the store if after consulting his smartphone find the article cheapest elsewhere.
This should make us see the growing importance of combining online business with the traditional one and to have highly qualified professionals in online marketing to get the most for our business. Every approach that only considers one side will result is suboptimal performance for our business.