Previously in our blog we have talked about the parishes of La Massana,Ordino, Encamp, Canillo, Escaldes Engordany y Andorra la Vella and the most important aspects to take into account if you plan to come to live in Andorra and specifically to one of these parishes . Today we want you to know better Sant Julià de Lòria.
- SITUATION: Sant Julià de Lòria is the first parish that all those who enter the country from Spain find, as it is located only 8 km from Seu d'Urgell. The parish is made up of the population of Sant Julià de Lòria, on the right bank of the Gran Valida, and 5 "quarts" or parish subdivisions: Bixessarri (Aixovall and Bixessarri), Aixirivall, Aubinyà (Aubinyà and Juverri), Fontaneda (Fontaneda Pardines, Mas d'Alins and La Muxella), Nagol (Nagol, Certers and Llumeneres). As in other parishes, the combination of nature and asphalt is common and highly valued by locals as well as tourists. In the area of La Rabassa, located between 1600m and 2000m altitude is the adventure park of Naturlandia which offers plenty of activities for the whole family, both winter and summer, for all types of public (ski slopes, hiking , animal park ...)
- CLIMATE: Due to its altitude (not exceeding 1000m on average), Sant Julià de Lòria enjoys a much milder climate than other Andorran parishes. Thus, its winters tend to be somewhat milder and in summer the weather is very pleasant.
- ECONOMY AND FINANCE: At economic level, as in the rest of the principality, the tourist activity is the main engine. In Sant Julià de Lòria you will find large shopping malls thar are a must for visitors of the principality, which together with Naturlandia make up a very complete offer.
In reference to the financial services in Sant Julià de Lòria they have office the main andorran banking entities.
- CULTURE AND LEISURE: As far as culture is concerned, the most outstanding places for its architectural value are the Romanesque Church of Sant Cerni de Nagol, the Sanctuary of Canòlich and the medieval bridge of La Margineda. As for museums, the parish has the Tobacco Museum, located in the old tobacco factory Reig that offers interesting exhibitions, many times for free.
As tourism is the main economic activity, Sant Julià has an important offer both at the hotel level and at the restaurants level. It is also a very active parish in what concerns cultural and leisure activities with a very complete agenda throughout the year.
- EDUCATION: If you are considering coming to live in Andorra and you have children, the education offered by the country is something to consider. On several occasions we have talked on the PSF blog about this topic which, in my opinion, is a strong point of the principality, since you can choose between three free educational systems (Andorran, French and Spanish). In Sant Julià there are two centers that correspond to two of the three systems: Andorran and French school. Also in the parish is its UDA (Universitat d'Andorra) and a Vocational Training Center.
- COMMUNICATIONS: Sant Julià is connected by road with France and Spain. In the latter case, as we have already mentioned, only a few kilometers separate it. As in the rest of parishes the communication by road with the airports of Barcelona and Tolousse is only 3 hours.
If you intend to come to live in Andorra in Sant Julià de Lòria you will have all the comforts offered by a population with a great commercial offer and nature at your fingertips.