In previous posts we have talked about the parishes of La Massana, Ordino, Encamp and Canillo and the fundamental aspects to take into account if you plan to come to live in Andorra and in particular to one of these populations. Today we want you to know the parish of Escaldes-Engordany better.
- LOCATION: Situated in the middle of a wide valley, Escaldes-Engordany is the second most populated parish of Andorra, after Andorra La Vella. It is formed by the urban nuclei, initially separated, of Escaldes and Engordany. The latter, which is the oldest nucleus was already inhabited in the first century BC. One of the great values of this parish is the Vall del Madriu, declared Cultural Patrimony of the Humanity by the UNESCO. Besides being of great natural interest, it is also important at a cultural level, since it is possible to observe how life on the mountain was in the Middle Ages.
- CLIMATE: Like in the rest of the principality the climate in this parish is cold and dry in winter, with episodes of snow, whereas in summer the temperatures are warm and really pleasant.
- ECONOMY AND FINANCE: At the economic level, the main activity is closely linked to commercial tourism and the use of hot water, housing the most important thermal center of the country Caldea and the first Spa hotels. Carlemany Avenue is one of the main commercial axes of the principality, having a large influx of buyers, both locals and tourists, throughout the year.
- CULTURE AND LEISURE: At the cultural level, the parish has the Art Center of Escaldes-Engordany which hosts, among others, two permanent exhibitions. On the other hand are also of great cultural interest the Church of Sant Pere Màrtir and that of Sant Miquel de Engolasters.
In Escaldes-Engordany there are many hotels, leisure establishments and restaurants with a wide gastronomic offer and activities throughout the year. In addition, if you decide to live in Escaldes-Engordany, you will find a wide commercial offer, with many shops and shopping centers where you can find the main brands.
- EDUCATION: If you are thinking of living in Andorra and you have children, education is a key point to consider. As we have said on many occasions in our blog, in the principality there are three free educational systems (Andorran, French and Spanish), among which it is possible to choose freely. In Escaldes-Engordany there are four centers that correspond to the three systems.
- COMMUNICATIONS: Escaldes-Engordany is connected by road both nationally and internationally. A few steps away, in the neighboring Andorra La Vella, is the bus station and 3 hours far are the airports of Barcelona and Tolousse.
If you are thinking of living in Andorra, in a modern and lively place, the parish of Escaldes-Engordany is the ideal place. You will have a wide commercial and leisure offer throughout the year, with nature at your fingertips.