Neighboring Spain is ranked 31st, with Barcelona now considered one of the most insecure cities.
According to a World Bank report, the Principality of Andorra ranks fifth in the world ranking of the safest countries. The indices that guarantee it are:
- political stability,
- low crime.
The neighboring country, Spain is ranked 31. Unfortunately, in recent times the Catalan capital has begun to have an unhappy statistic. Now, it is the most insecure city in Spain.
The insecurity in Barcelona.
The number of crimes has been rampaged for years in the neighboring Catalan capital
As we have already mentioned, Barcelona is now the city with the highest criminal average on Spanish soil. However, it is not a recent phenomenon. In reality, transgressions of the law have grown for years. While it is a town with few fixed inhabitants – its population is estimated at just over 1.6 million – the truth is that it also has a large flow of visitors. Statistics show that 30 million people a year go to the Catalan capital for tourism.
This circumstance affects the habits of citizenship. Not only one does fear for his own safety, but also for that of family and friends. It is a constant feeling of alertness, stress and wakefulness that never ceases.
It is time to get down to work and do everything possible to recover a standard of living where safety is an incentive.
The Principality has always been an “island” of peace
Andorra is a country with a high level of security and a low crime rate.
Only at 2 hours distance, there is Andorra. The country enjoys a high level of citizen security. Which guarantees the safety of its visitors. This is due to the location of the Principality of Andorra in the Pyrenees, and to the competent police and customs services.
Reviewing its history, we can confirm that Andorra has never been at war. The Principality has always been an “island” of peace, even when half a continent was embarked on long conflicts.
It has no army, but it keeps a tradition alive: the possibility of summoning the “sometent”, that is, popular militias formed by the heads of family. In the past, there was no need to create a professional police force to maintain order, protect the inhabitants and ensure security. This is currently not the case, but this measure remains in force only for exceptional cases.
Andorra is on the list of the 5 safest countries in the world.
It is the fourteenth oldest state in the world that has been safeguarding its neutrality during the last 700 years of history.
According to a World Bank report, Andorra ranks fifth in the world in terms of “political stability” and “no crime” (index 1.32). To put this in context, neighboring Spain is ranked 31 (index 0.01).
The crime rate in Andorra, including street crimes (pickpockets, car theft and disorderly conduct) is almost zero.
Annually, the number of tourists visiting Andorra is about 8 million people. So we can say that it is one of the safest countries in the world for tourists.
Security in the Principality
We review the different conditions and rules that contribute to this:
- In Defense, Andorra lacks an army. Its defense is the responsibility of Spain and France, as indicated in Article 3, of the Treaty on Good Neighborhood, Friendship and Cooperation between Spain, France and Andorra (BOE No. 155 of 6/30/1993).
- The police force, organized by the Police Directorate, is divided into three main areas:
- criminal police,
- public security,
- citizen proximity and technical area.
- There are armed police teams, patrolling the streets of the capital Andorra la Vella, available 24 hours a day.
- It can be said that it is an ideal country for children. The safety regulations established in schools are strict, and the possible presence of unauthorized persons in the territory of educational institutions is totally excluded. During the hour before school begins, as well as for an hour after, the roads to access schools are patrolled by the police. You do not need to worry about their safety when your children spend time outside.
If security is one of the reasons to change countries, Andorra is a destination to consider.
At PSF we help you obtain residency legally and without inconvenience. https://psf.ad/en/contact/
A place to live happily and safely with your family is Andorra, and we help you to fulfill that desire.
Image from rawpixel.com